Sena Motorcycle Bluetooth: Which is Best for You?
- Make hands free phone calls, get GPS voice directions, listen to music, and talk with other riders
- Includes wireless handle bar mounted remote control
- Low-Profile body will very small overall size
- Bluetooth 4.1 device pairing and intercom
- Seamless integration with a wide range of helmets
- Easy to use interface and controls
- Includes everything you need for set up and use
- Integrated FM radio with 10 channel presets
Interface & Controls
- Compatible with Sena Headset App for easy configuration and settings adjustment
- Simple control via handlebar mounted remote
- Advanced Noise Control™ eliminates ambient/wind noise for clear in and out bound audio
- Easy operation using large and simple 3 button controls
- Multi-lingual voice prompts
- Increased sound levels with integrated audio booster
- Crystal clear and natural sound quality
- Bluetooth Intercom up to 900 meters (0.5 miles) in open terrain
- Connect with up to 4 other riders via intercom
- Full duplex intercom lets you talk to and hear other riders without audio cutout
- Universal Intercom™ enables connection with non-Sena communicators
- Seamless pairing/use with handlebar mounted remote (more info on remote here)
- Bluetooth hands free for Bluetooth mobile phones
- Bluetooth or stereo headset for Bluetooth GPS navigations
- Individual volume control for each audio source
- Bluetooth music playback controls play, pause, track forward and track back
- Music Sharing function lets your passenger/riding buddy listen to the same music you are
- Pair up to two phones
- Water resistant for use in inclement weather.
- Can be used while charging on road trips.
- Wide volume control
- Charging time: 3 hours
- Talk time: 10 hours
- Stand-by time: 7 days
- Operating temperature: -10?C – 55?C (14°F – 131°F)
-Headset: 70.7 mm x 36.6 mm x 13.7 mm (2.8 in x 1.4 in x 0.5 in)
-Headset: 22 g (0.78 oz)
- Supported protocols HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP
- Bluetooth Specification v4.1.
- Firmware upgradeable.
In The Box
- 10R Headset Main Unit
- Hook and Loop Fasteners for Main Unit
- Double–Sided Adhesive Tape for Main Unit
- Foam speaker covers
- Hook and Loop Fasteners for Speakers
- Speaker pads
- Wired Boom Microphone
- Hook and Loop Fastener for Boom Microphone
- Boom Microphone Holder
- Hook and Loop Fastener for Holder
- Wired Microphone
- Hook and Loop Fastener for Wired Microphone
- Microphone Sponges
- Battery Pack
- Battery Pack Holder
- Double Sided Adhesive Tape for Battery Pack Holder
- USB Power & Data Cable (Micro USB Type)
- Cigarette/12V charger
- Handlebar rubber bands
- Bluetooth® Handlebar Remote
The Sena 10R Bluetooth Communication System works in the Sena lineup as an update to the SMH10R communicator, keeping the low-profile form factor but giving key updates and new features to the core of the unit, including the seamless addition of the Handle Bar Mounted Remote.
Main changes to take note of with the 10R are an update to Bluetooth® 4.1 that delivers better performance and a more stable connection, compatibility with the Sena app that makes configuration and setting adjustment much, much easier than the SMH10R, and the ability to pair with two mobile phones.
With Bluetooth® V4.1 the communicator is free to use the Bluetooth Handlebar Remote that comes included in the package. Now you can have the added functionality of easy to reach, full use controls that easily grab onto your handlebar so they’re always at hand. Find more info on the Handlebar Remote here.
Besides a general refinement and polishing of functionality, the 10R has kept the rest of the excellent aspects of previous models. There’s still 4-way intercom that reaches half a mile, excellent 10 hours of talk time, exceptionally clear audio both inbound and outbound, ambient noise cancelation, and Bluetooth pairing with your devices that is more seamless than ever before.
All this takes the 10R and makes it a solid communicator that is a real step up from its alternative version. Deficiencies have been worked out, simplicity has been increased, and the result is a 10R Communicator that’s a great looking, minimalist option that doesn’t sacrifice any capability.
For the 10R that does not include the handlebar mounted remote click here.